1 mark for correct figure based on types of variable inputs.
- Two categorical variables = mosaic or barplot
- Two numeric variables = scatterplot
- One numeric and one categorical variable = stripchart (if < 20 observations in each group), boxplot (if > 20 observations in each group)
1 mark for figure caption that follows guidelines. At a minimum a caption:
- is located below the figure (0.25 marks)
- includes a figure number (0.25 marks)
- describes both variables (0.25 marks)
- includes sample sizes (0.25 marks)
4 marks for a correctly formatted table.
- Correct values in the table (1 mark)
- Correct descriptive statistics were used for each variable type (1 mark)
- The heading is informative (1 mark)
- Sample sizes and units are always included (1 mark)